Friday, May 22, 2009

The Soloist


Kimber had her Spring Program at school yesterday and much to my surprise that little bugger had a solo; actually two solos. And, as I went through the rest of the program she was the only child in the entire show (grades K-5) who sang solo. She had mentioned to me that she was going to sing in front of the microphone by herself but I had assumed other kids would have this privilege too. She really did a great job. I know I would not have been able to do this at age 5, I would have been a big chickensh*t. Needless to say, there was a child in the program I could relate to. The first graders sang a song called 'Small Packages' and there was a kid inside a wrapped box who was too scared to come on stage - it's no wonder really, who wants to be remembered as the kid in the box. I would have held fast to that railing too. Here are the clips of Kim's solos (sorry they are so dark, there isn't the best lighting in the cafeteria/gym). Hey Grandma, how about footing the bill for some singing lessons?




No comments:

Post a Comment